Creative Commons License

Thursday, October 13, 2022

Blog Post #7: Thursday 10/13 [Teacher Pages on the Griffin MS Website, How I will use Technology to Accomplish Professional Responsibilities, and My Experience with Canvas Pages]

Blog Post #7: Thursday 10/13 

Teacher Pages on the Griffin Middle School Website

I visited the teacher pages from the Griffin Middle School website. The pages are dedicated to Dr. Delmae Darling and Ms. Christian Ellrich. It was immediately apparent that Griffin MS doesn't require all teachers to make a page for themselves. Many of the teacher names listed in the "faculty" section aren't accompanied by a website address. If the pages are linked, very few of them are finished or have been updated. For instance, Ms. Ellrich's teacher page includes several sections, including "Welcome", "Meet the Teacher", "Discussion", "Student Resources", "Assignments", "Documents", and "Class Calendar". However, only the "Meet the Teacher" section has been edited. Dr. Darling's page, however, is completely filled out. Anyone may view these teacher pages, even those without a log-in. 

https://www.leonschools.net/domain/1672

How I Envision Myself Using Tech to Accomplish Professional Responsibilities

I've really enjoyed learning about new and efficient software. Although I'm not pursuing a career in education, I believe this class taught me many things I will use in a professional setting. For one, I see myself using Canva for all creative projects going forward. I thought it was a really helpful tool for expressing myself in a way I often dismiss. Specifically, I really enjoyed the newsletter assignment. In addition, I believe I will use Twitter much more frequently in the future. I didn't know that there were so many professional uses for typical social media applications. I will also continue using Google calendar for all my scheduling needs. 

My Experience with Canvas Groups

Before starting assignment 2, I had no idea that Canvas offered a mini-website format in the "groups" section. I found the hyperlink function very helpful for our purposes. I rediscovered my own perfectionism in terms of every page heading having the same sentence structure. I did not enjoy the text box that appears when a new page is created. The tables in the box don't orient correctly and feel restricted compared to a typical Word-style page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post #9: Thursday 11/03 [My Experience as a Distance Learner, Open Educational Resources, and PowerPoint Assignments]

 Blog Post #9: Thursday 11/03 My Experience as a Distance Learner As a junior in high school, I was one of the few students to return to...